Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spending a little time with my friend!


Good friends, good wine and some ink and what can get better than that?  A whole day just playing, talking, laughing and having some fun with one of my best friends.  She's not a scrapbooker, she doesn't do art journaling but she saw my Prima sprays the other day and she just wanted to get her hands on them and do some spraying.  LOL  Sure!  So we planned a day and had some fun.  ;)  Her first page that she started on she picked some pretty vibrant colors, pinks blues teals... so not her.  LOL  I could tell she wasn't feeling it, but she went ahead and added some stamps and she really wasn't feeling it.  LOL  So, I suggested that she just put it aside and start on a new page.  It was like she was kind of feeling bad for using product on a page and wasting it, but it's only a bit of spray and gesso!  So while she proceeded on grabbing colors that were more to her taste, I took her page that I thought was a great base for a cool page and continued on with it.  Here, is the end result of a collaborated effort.  :)


I continued to add more sprays, build layers and outlined the bubbles she didn't like.  I colored in the face.  Added some metallic gelatos and more sprays.  And this is what came of it.  I think she created such a great starting point and I wanted her to see how something can change by continuing to build on it.  :)   

          

These are her next 2 pages she did with the sprays and some stamps!  I am so proud of her for trying something so totally out of her comfort zone.   She did such a great job and honestly the photos do not do them justice at all.  They are so intense with depth and metallic shine.  The photos actually look like they have a lot of white on them but in real they don't.  I think she did great!   She's already looking forward to the next time she can get her hands on some sprays.  :)  Whoohoo... another play buddy.  :)


This page I took some Dylusion paints and some Liquitex paints and started to smear them onto the page with my fingers randomly in both vertical and horizontal sweeps.  I then took a Lyndi Stamp Gang gold spray and misted it over top.  The gold grabbed onto the white and created these cool gold sweeps of color and left the white where I didn't spray.  Again, the shimmer is hard to see in the photo.  I used some white acrylic paint to start and made circles with my finger and then used my Neocolors II and drew circles of color and wet my finger to color in the circles.  I created the black outlines with a diluted acrylic paint to make it nice and fluid and a script paint brush.  The stamps are Tim Holtz hashtags.  I bordered the edge of the page with an archival coffee brown ink and blending tool to finish off the page.  :)  I wasn't feeling this page as I went thru it for some reason but I love the end result and even more so today after I've had a chance to back away from it for a bit.  :)

I have another page on the go but haven't completed it yet so that will have to be finished on another day!  My fun for the weekend is over for now since I have a whole house to clean, laundry to do, and some groceries to get for my upcoming work week.  If I really hustle today I might be able to squeeze in a bit more play time tonight... we'll see.  ;)

Have a great upcoming week and I'll see you when I get a chance to sit down and have some Art time again.  :)  Love to hear from you and comments always make my day.  :)  Thanks for visiting!


Our happy scrappy mess!!!


  photo HSSignature-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment