Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Play day...

What's a girl to do when she gets stood up by a friend for a movie weekend marathon?  Pull out the art journal and start playing that's what!  LOL  Had fun and also got my February Dylusions challenge done as well.   So, do you want to see what I've been up to so far?  Let's take a look and I hope you enjoy.

This first page is for the Feb Dylusions facebook challenge.  The challenge was to use the color purple, hearts and skulls.  Love Dyan's stamps and colors and of course the sentiments rock!  "Caution-mood swing in progress"... perfectly depicts me today so I had to choose that saying.  I used a lot of layers to develop the background with Distress paints, Dylusion sprays, stencils, script stamp, TH tissue paper.  I sprayed paper with three different Dylusion sprays and then punched out the hearts.  I colored the images with copics.  The dangling hearts were stamped and colored with Dylusion sprays and a brush. I love how the sprays became very pastel in the background.  I sealed everything down with a matte gel medium.  The colors are so much more vibrant in real.



Next up...  I worked with lots of layering to develop this background again.  I used stamps, stencils, Lyndi stamp gang sprays, Izinks, gesso, napkins, distress paints, charcoal pencil.  I don't think I could do this page again if I tried.  I was in so much pain when I was working on this page that I don't remember how I put it together.  I had to take so many breaks in between building the layers that I can't give a tutorial on how I developed it.  Sorry.



And last but not least, this page took several days in the making as well and I completed it today.  I took inspiration from a Donna Downey video I watched along with techniques from a Christy Riopel course I took.   I used Gelato's to put down color onto the page.  Once the whole page was colored with a multitude of yummy color I put clear gesso over top.  One to help seal in the color and second so that I could continue to build more layers over top.  I then took a variety of stencils and started to build layers with sprays and distress inks. Next, I took some letters and laid them out and traced around them with a black gel pen. I took some gesso and worked it around the letters and outwards but only in some areas so that some of the color would become softer and other areas would retain the brighter colors.  I then took some TH rub ons and randomly placed them around the page.  I also cut out the butterfly from his tissue paper roll and another butterfly from a napkin I had.  I sealed them down with matte gel medium.  I took some grey gelato and smudged it around the lettering to emphasize it more and the brighter background colors really pop out.  I finished by taking walnut stain ink and blending tool and distressed around the edges and inwards a bit to deepen the border. The page really has a lot of dimension that is hard to see in the photo.  I love how it turned out.  And here it is...


Hope you enjoy'd the pages as much as I enjoy making them.   Not sure if I'll have time to start on another background tonight but you never know!  Once on a roll.... it's hard to stop.  Hope to see you back soon!  Would love it if you would leave me a note so I know you were here.  :)


  photo HSSignature-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment