Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dylusions Facebook Challenge January


Hi all!  Is anyone else snowed in?  We are getting huge snow falls today.  I've shoveled my driveway twice today and I know it needs it again but I got carried away in my craft room again so it'll have to wait till morning.  Not looking forward to seeing how much snow will be out there at that time.  The joys of winter.  We sure are making up for the brown Christmas we had earlier.

Well, I thought since I was home for most of the day today I would work on the January Dylusions facebook challenge.  The challenge this month is a tribute to another artsy crafter who sadly passed away.  I did not know her but I have lost enough beautiful souls in my life that I could certainly relate to this feeling.  I immediately had an idea of what I wanted to do for this page, there was no hesitation at all.  The challenge needed to include the color yellow, wings and flowers.

I immediately went to my lady stencil from Dylusions, sorry I have no idea of the top of my head what the stencils name is.  I used 4 Dylusion color sprays and a variety of other stencils for my background.  I randomly sprayed the background with the sprays.  I then took my stencil and with a pencil traced the image onto the page.  I took gesso and faded out the whole background leaving the female silhouette as the vibrant backdrop.  Next I used my charcoal pencil to outline the image. I grabbed a range of gelato colors... white, pink, yellow and blended some color around the page to soften the color of the background some more. I found another stencil with wings and added the wings to the image with a texture paste in a graphite color.  It has some beautiful sparkle in the paste that you can't see in the photo.   I found the sentiment that I wanted to use and stamped it onto some white paper and cut it out and set it aside for later.  I also had just purchased a dandelion stencil that I really wanted to use for this challenge.  It's not exactly a flower in the way that most people see flowers but at one point it was a flower and when it goes to seed the beautiful little seeds float up in the sky light as a feather and free!!!  There is such a correlation to me between an angel with wings and the freedom of the floating seeds.  I used my Ferro in a teal color for the dandelions and Stazon stormy sky ink for the individual floating seeds.   I initially tried to do the dandelions in a white paste but it just didn't show up again the bright colors of the background so I opted for a stunning teal/blue color that would give the page another pop of color.  I glued down the strips of the sentiment.  Lastly, I took iced coffee gelato and blended it around the edges of the pages to frame it.

I love this page and I truly hope that I did the tribute justice.  This page speaks to me and beside it being done for the challenge I also want to dedicate this page to those who I have lost as well.  Thank you for checking out my page.



 photo HSSignature-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment