Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Thursday, May 1, 2014

These shoes were made for walking!!!

Oh my gosh, if feels like forever since I have done anything to post.  This next journal page has been in the works for weeks.  Darn full time work is cutting into my crafting time.  LOL  My inspiration came from a magazine picture of a cute floral pair of sneakers, and with spring in the air and I used to love walking and enjoying the fresh air and scenery, all that is what this page together.  I like it.




I found the tree in a magazine too and cut it out along with the shoes.  I started the page by painting the background sky with TH distress paints and a baby wipe to get the soft cloud effect in the sky, the base background for the walkway and the green for the grass. 

The cobblestone pathway took the longest. Overtop of the base color I painted a chalkboard paint.  I used TH newest dies and cut multitudes of them and pieced them together to form the cobblestone.  I then took a few of the centers, inked them for a mottled look and glued them randomly onto the pathway.  In the remainder of the black chalkboard spots I used Fabre-Castell Big Brush India ink and some gelatos to get that worn walkway look. 

The eye is a TH stamp and the rays are his stencil with an archival ink. 

I found some flowers in one of TH paper packs and I cut them out to adhere down along the walkway. For dimension I used some paper flowers and layered them with brads and glued them down.  I glued some Prima flowers and leaves to the tree for added dimension as well. 

The butterflies were Kaiser Crafts, I think, they were transparency butterflies.  Glued them down.  The rhinestone ribbon along the bottom was from Michael's. 












Thanks for stopping by and checking out my newest page.  I hope it doesn't take me this long to get my next one done.  LOL  However, that being said the next two weeks are super busy between work, my online e-course I am taking and the JDRF Telus walk for Type 1 diabetes.  Both my parents are deceased because of diabetes so this walk is very important to me. 

Have a wonderful day/evening!  Hope to hear from you, so please leave me a note so I know who stopped by.  Hugs.  xoxo  Diane



CanadianNickel Scrapn  photo HSSignature-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment