Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New love...art journaling!

This past weekend our local scrapbook store brought in an amazing instructor who offered a number of great unique classes and I was so excited to partake in the art journaling class.  The instructor was Christy Riopel, and her work is amazing.  She is such a talented instructor with a load of patience.  And I can tell you... I was thankful for the patience!  LOL  So thank you Christy for bringing me a new outlet to play with.  :)

Our first page was a simple page using sprays and stamps, just to get over the fear of working on our first page in our books.   This was my first page... sorry for the shadows, my lighting sucks in my room.

 
 
Our second page became a bit more involved using distress paints, ephemera, hand drawing, charcoal smudging, tissue tape, gelato's (in LOVE with these!!!) and stamping. This was my second page, and I think my fave out of the 3 we did.  :) 

 

And finally, the hardest thing I have done in a long time, and also the most intimidating!  I'm not 100% sold on this page and I think I am going to go back to it and play on it a bit more.  It's that perfectionism coming out and I see mistakes on it that I need to correct and play with to get it to a point that I will be happy with it.  :)  BUT for a first attempt, I'm pretty impressed that it turned out as good as it did.  I'm scared to post this one, but I'm going to conquer my fear and just put it out there.  Eeks... Please be nice to me!  LOL 

 
 
Would love to hear your feedback.  This is such a new form of art for me, but it was so much fun.  Can't wait to dive in and do one on my own!  :)  Thanks Christy Riopel for coming down to teach these classes.  I had a blast and will continue to have fun with my art journaling.  :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment