Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A life without Dreams

I've been checking out You tube video's by some pretty darn amazing women!  One of my favorite artists is France Papillon.  I love her style and design!  I also love how she uses so many different textures and mediums to create variation.  And I LOVE how clean she works.  I find it really difficult watching videos where stuff is cluttered all over the work space.  France is just amazing!!!  On all levels.  I watched one of her video's 'Let go' and the black background is what inspired me for this page.  I also found some ephemera in a magazine of a girl in a deep red flowing dress and that was the inspirational focal of this page.  I was kind of going for a mid summer nights dream theme.  I used Wendy Vecchi's silver embossing paste for a background shimmer before using Dylusion black spray.  The harlequin pattern was done with Viva Gold platinum paste.  I used a ton of Tim Holtz die cuts for this page and colored them with a number of different sprays from my stash, and some different distress inks, as well as archival inks,  the window was done with Wendy Vecchi black embossing paste and Vintage aged gold embossing powder.  I used alcohol inks and glossy paper for the Fleur de lie.  I also used charcoal pencil for some smudging.  The flowers were from TH poinsettia's and also Prima flowers and leaves.  The sentiment is a Dylusion's stamp set. 

This page was the first one I've done were I had an idea in my head and it came together pretty closely to how I imagined it.  I love it.  It's very dreamy. 

 
 
 

 
 
 
Thanks again for checking me out!  :) 

8 comments:

  1. OK now that is fantastic! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I'm glad you like them. I'm still quite the novice at this art journaling stuff.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks gf! I am having fun with the art journaling. Think I found my new love. :)

      Delete
  4. this is gorgeous, I adore all the distressing....hope you have a fabby weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa. :) I appreciate your comment! :)

      Delete