Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Reason, A Season or a Lifetime

This verse that is by an unknown author holds so much truth.  It is such a part of our lives that unless we are aware can sometimes bring as much heart ache as joy.  These next two pages are done round this verse.  I've had a lot of heart ache in my life coming from all types of relationships from partnerships to friendships.  I also had much happiness and joy from the same as well.  Sometimes differences or a situation would drive people apart and until I read this I seemed to always say... that's not fair.  Life sucks, these people suck...etc, BUT in reality, those people are in our lives for either a reason, a season or a lifetime.  It is up to us to figure out which one they fit into and move forward from there. 

So, here are my next couple of pages that tell that story. 

My first page, wasn't using paper from my MME pack.  It was Kaiser paper but I liked the pattern and the colors coordinated with the look I wanted in this album.  I used the weathered clock alterations die again.  I also used the inside piece on this one but in a different color cardstock and distressed both pieces in Vintage photo and Pumice stone.   Next, I cut out a piece of square cardstock and distressed with pumice stone.  I used my edger punch to give it a notepad look.  Love this edging punch!  I also used TH alterations dies layered wings, movers/shapers mini sewing room set, and ironwork gate.  I distressed the wings in scattered straw, brushed corduroy, and pumice stone.  The dressform is distressed in pumice stone and black soot.  The iron fence was cut out onto a light brown cardstock and distressed with pumice stone. 

 

The second page is the verse... A Reason, a Season or a Lifetime...

I didn't do much to this page because the story took up most of the page.  I added the title with Tim's letters stickers.  A few paper embellishments from Kaiser Crafts and some assorted flowers.  I distressed the edge of the paper with brushed corduroy, as well as the paper embellishments to tone down the white backgrounds. 




 
 
 

 
 
Thank you for taking some time to check out my progress and going on this journey with me.  :)  I still have several pages left of chipboard to do so this album is going to take me awhile to complete. 
 
I also did a normal layout page as part of a contest at the retreat that I will post at a later time and several tags that I've done too.  I can't believe I haven't gotten any of them posted.  I'm playing catch up now.  ;)   Lots coming up in the next week as long as hubby gives me the time to enter in my blogs I'll be good to go.  ;)  I'm almost back up to my full time hours so time is becoming sparse in the crafting department and then finding the time to post them, but I will do my best. 
 
Have a great day/night and I'll see you soon!  xoxo 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment