Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Journey...

I'm so happy to be indoors today.  With this darn windchill blast in effect this weekend, it is wayyyyy to cold to be doing anything else outdoors.  It is starting to warm up slightly though,,, we are now sitting at -34C instead of the -41C earlier today.  Brrrrrr.... Crazy cold. 

So here is the backside of the last page I did.  Page 2.  I really like how this turned out.  And it's such a shame because the pictures do not do it justice.  But that's ok, you'll get the idea.  :)

I used the same paper pack as before, the Lost and Found pack.  I used a number of different pages on this board, mixing and matching colors and patterns.  I started off with the background paper. 

 
 
 
Love this paper.  The colors are so intense and absolutely gorgeous.  And I love RED!  :)   Next I took 3 other patterned papers and cut out flags staggering in size.  I did 3", 3.5" and 4" lengths with a 1" depth and then cut tails into them.  I inked the edges with Distress ink pumice stone.  Any distress inking I do on this page is with the same color.  :)
 
 
 
 
I took one of my manila tags #8.  I took some Distress stain in antique linen and water misted the tag lightly.  Dry.  I used a stencil to ink in pumice stone a harlequin pattern onto the tag.  Then I distress inked the edges.  I cut a picture wheel from black cardstock, placed it where I wanted it on the tag and adhered it, and punched a hole from the center of the wheel thru the tag below.  A brad will go there later. 
 
 
 
 
 
I found some stamps in my CTMH collection that I wanted to use for inside the picture wheel slides.  I used the days of the week from the set It's Your Day. 
 
 
 
 Next I added the game spinner from Tim Holtz Ideology.  I went rummaging thru my stash again and came across a pack of die cut cardstock from K&Company and found a few pieces that I wanted to use.  I also attached with the mini attacher some ribbon to the top of the tag.    I made another banner with a stamp from CTMH Illuminate stamp set, and distress inked the edges.
 
 
 
 
My next step was to make some tattered florals.  I die cut from burlap the Tim Holtz Tattered florals.  I inked them with archival ink, scrunched them to fray, then assembled the flower and attached with a brad.  I took some Distress stain in antique linen and a spritz of Perfect Pearls mist in Heirloom gold onto my craft sheet and wiped the flower thru and set aside to dry.  I found some Prima flowers that I liked in amongst my stash of flowers to use. 
 

 

 Next up, I stamped a little lantern from the CTMH Illuminate set into the top left corner of the red paper part that says Journey.  And I also stamped a sentiment from the same set onto the cream colored flag I made.  Once I glued down all my pieces I took some more dimensional embellishments that I found from K&Company with inspirational words and randomly placed them on the board. 



 
 
 
Here is my finished board from my Moments chipboard album.  I really like this page.  I can't wait to get started on the next one.  :) 

 
 
 

Thank you so much for popping in to visit.  Would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment.  ;)   Time for some supper making, finish laundry and maybe I'll get started on my next board tonight.  :)  






2 comments:

  1. Wow looks fabulous. I love that paper pack! Great tag and the picture well looks perfect. Enjoy dinner, laundry sucks and good luck getting started on your next one. I'm working on something fun too. You're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you are up to next! Your mind is an amazing playground! :)

      Delete