Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Best medicine

When life hands you lemons make lemonade?  Is that they saying.  Life sure has handed our family it's share of lemons this past month.  Three deaths in a month span is a little much to handle.  Having lost one of my best friends this past week and my unborn granddaughter yesterday has been a bit much.  So today I've been trying to keep my mind busy with other things.  Laundry, cooking a nice supper, and of course the best therapy of all... making tags. 

First up is my Christmas tag.  I love Christmas and this gives me happy thoughts.    I colored the tag with Distress stains first and finished it with Distress inks to blend and intensify the colors.  I used Tim's birdcage die and the pinecone die for the branches.  I stamped images, cut them out, colored with inks and stickles and then did Tim's alcohol inks onto some tinsel ribbon and heat set it to shrink the tinsel as he showed in his CC102 classes.   I used clear rock candy stickles on the Merry Christmas which you can't see in the photo but it has that awesome sugary sweetness to it. 

 
 
 
Next tag I had left over from Tim's Creative Chemistry classes with marbling Distress paints.  Love the colors.  The rest was just using die cuts from K&Company stuff I had laying around and stamped  a sentiment.  I did add some clear rock candy stickles to the butterfly for some more of that sugary goodness it gives.  


 
 
 
Creating fun tags is always the best medicine for putting me into my happy place.   However, for tonight I am done and if all is well tomorrow I hope to find some time in my craft room again.  Have a great night and may life be kind to you.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment