Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Monday, October 7, 2013

Creative Chemistry 101

I decided this morning after getting another email sent to me from Tim Holtz's blog and reading about Creative Chemistry 102 how exciting it would be to do these classes.  Unfortunately, I hadn't taken Creative Chemistry 101 yet.  Soooooooo, what to do!?  Well, sign up for 101 of course!  And since my dining room table was still a mess from making Xmas cards yesterday, I took advantage of the mess and started my classes right away.  Well, I got right into it and completed Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 today.  Tim offers such great learning techniques.  Many which I would never have even ventured to try had I not signed up for these online classes.  And for the first time I enjoyed the alcohol inks, which were my nemesis for a long time.  And working with Archival inks!  Who knew what you could do with these babies.  I have tons of the little cats eyes Color Box fluid chalks which I never really knew what to do with.  Walla...  I now have a use for them.  :)  Thank you Tim!!!  

Before I tidy up, let me post Day 2 and Day 3 tags.  Sorry for the lighting reflection in my Day 3 tags.  It's now super dark outside and my lighting glares off of the glossy paper. 

Day 2:  Working with distress inks.

 
 
Day 3:  Alcohol inks, Archival inks and embossing with Archival inks.

 


And so ends my day.   I feel accomplished today.  These classes not only are teaching me a whole lot of new techniques but it also allows me to escape away from my thoughts and the stresses of all that is going on in my life.  The unfortunate part of this creative journey with Tim is the dent in my pocket book!  LOL  I love all this stuff and I wanna get more!  Lots more...  I need to expand my craft room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment