Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekend retreat

Ok, it's been forever since I played and made anything.  Sometimes life gets in the way and well... this weekend I had booked myself to partake in a scrapbooking retreat and I had so much fun.  It was great being able to escape life if even just for a few days.  I really need to do this more for myself.  So, I actually felt like I got a fair amount done.  I made a load of tags and even a few extra that I gave to some great friends cause I love them.  I'm glad I took pictures of them all though.  So let me show you what brings a smile to my face...

My first tag is a romantic tag.  I love the colors and the feel.   I used Distress stains in worn lipstick, tumbled glass, squeezed lemonade, dusty concord, and Distress inks in crushed olive, black soot and vintage  photo.  I used a recollections stamp set for the vintage lady and CTMH stamp sets for the floral petals, the banner and the doily.  As well, I used a stencil for the script.  The flowers are Prima flowers. 

I think this has become another fave of mine.  :)  Do you ever have a hard time choosing a favorite when each time you make something you think to yourself... yeh, I like that one too!  :) 




Next up I made a Halloween tag.   I used Distress inks in dusty concord, mowed lawn, festive berries, tumbled glass, vintage photo, rusty hinge and black soot.  The stamps I used were Inkadinkado and recollections.   I also used molding paste and a dots stencil.  And I added glitter with several stickles.



This next one I made for my gf who was hosting the retreat.  I was so glad when she came over and commented that she thought this was one of her faves, because that was what I had intended it to be for.  :)   Guess that means I know her tastes.  :)  LOL  
So on this tag I used Distress inks antique linen, old paper, frayed burlap and vintage photo.  I used a stencil for the dotted pattern.  The leaves were a Sizzix die cut.   The butterfly stamps were from a Recollections stamp set because I don't have the Tim holtz butterfly stamp yet.  The dimensional butterflies were from a dollar store, and the metal embellishments were from Michaels. 



This next tag is just fun for Fall.   I was inspired by the fall air, the colors starting to change around here and just the cuteness of the stamp set.  I think I might make a few more of this one as gifts. 
I used Distress inks old paper, scattered straw and spiced marmalade.  The stamp set is a CTMH set from the 2013 winter catalogue that I just ordered a little bit ago.   The images are colored using Prisma watercolor pencils and the blending solution with the paper nib blenders.  I love using this technique for a coloring effect.  :)   It's a little more rustic looking than if I were to color with copics.   I really like this tag.   



I made several more but will have to post them later, tomorrow that is.  LOL   It's been a super busy weekend with partaking in the retreat the past couple of days, company visiting and staying with me, making 5 dozen perogies for one of my gf's, and my grandsons 3rd B-day party.  I still have all my stuff piled in my garage which I need to bring back into my craft room, but I think that will be a task for tomorrow as well.  There's always tomorrow thank goodness!  :)    My house is nice and quiet right now and I think I'm going to settle in for the night and relax with some candles and maybe a movie.  Popcorn is calling me.  ;) 


1 comment:

  1. Diane, I loved them all. Thank you so much for making me the beautiful tags. You do know me, I also know you, very kind and such a special friend. I will always treasure the art you share with me.

    ReplyDelete