Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Friday, August 30, 2013

Jungle fun

Ok, this last one is just a fun one!!!  By the fifth tag I was starting to feel tired and goofy.  And hence, I created a fun goofy tag!  LOL  It's a very light hearted, childish, fun tag.  And honestly, I had no idea where this was going when I started.  LOL  My brain had gone to mush and I managed to find some fun 3D stickers in my stash that I think make this tag fun.   I hope you agree?  ;)



LOL, ok, like I said... goofy and fun.  I love the little Lemur.  He's so cute!  LOL 

I started by coloring the tag with Distress inks spiced marmalade.  I then used a stencil I found at Michaels by Americana in the craft paint section.  Now, this stencil is sticky and very very very fragile and thin.  It was a challenge laying it down without wrinkles.  I used Distress ink black soot to color in the tiger lines and distress inked the edges as well.

I cut the leaves from Tim Holtz's Alterations die cut.  I don't like to cut up books for the scripted backgrounds so I take pages and photocopy them onto regular paper and use that instead of damaging books.  I used regular paper because it is thinner and it gives the leaves a more realistic look because it is so thin.  I crumples and crinkles easily when inking it.  I inked using Distress inks crushed olive, rusty hinge, and vintage photo. 

I stuck down the King of the Jungle with his happy smile!  Then I placed the leaves where I wanted them.  Glued them down.  Lastly, added the Lemur and the 3D leaves. 

Not much to making this tag, but what the heck, they don't all need to be technique driven.  LOL  Besides, by the time I got to making this tag, I was in mush mode.  LOL  Have you ever had days like that?  Spend the whole day crafting and at one point you hit the craft wall and say... that was fun but I'm done!  LOL    So, my day is done.  I feel happy and content.  A great day with my GF, lots of tags, and overall a wonderful day.  A perfect day in my world!  :)    Have a wonderful weekend.   Next week is going to be a crazy busy week so I'm not sure how much time I will have to play.  So till next time... take care and have fun playing with your own imagination.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment