Proudly Canadian

Proudly Canadian

Friday, August 30, 2013

Birdcage bliss

Ok, This next one may be in my top faves.  The pastel and softness are so beautiful.  I just have so much fun making these tags.  It is so therapeutic during what is such a stressful time in my families life right now.  Anytime I can get away from my life and escape into my craft world is such a blessing.  So on that bit of deep insight, LOL, I am off to show you my next tag!  :)


I started with my #8 manila tag and used 2 different chalkboard shimmer sprays.  I stood the tag up inside my spray box and sprayed the Mint chocolate chip fairly heavy and let the liquid run and drip down a bit.  Then I took the Concord spray and sprayed in the areas that the mint didn't go.  There will be a fair amount of overspray collected on the bottom of the spray box so while still wet I took the tag and laid it face down into the excess overspray and when I lifted it up it had a real mottled neat look.  The colors mingled and I had new colors develop on the tag.  It was cool!!!  Those chalkboard shimmer sprays are one of my favorites shimmer sprays to use for background colors.  I would like to get more colors.  ;)  Like I really need more supplies!  Yup... I do.  Is there ever such a thing as enough?  Not when you are an addict like myself.  LOL 

Next I pulled out the stamps I wanted to use for the background images.  I used Tim Holtz Grunge in the web design and also CTMH Fabulous You images.   For colors I used CTMH Sky for the web stamp, and a combination of Distress inks Dusty concord and Milled lavender for the CTMH images.  I pressed into the Dusty concord first then the milled lavender and then very lightly back into dusty concord.  I found that the milled lavender was too light and the dusty concord was a bit to dark so I layered the color to get a more mid tone color that I was happy with.   I distress inked the edges in Chipped sapphire. 

The birdcage and the bird are embellishments from Recollections.  The flowers and the beaded stems are from Prima flowers.  And I added a few beautiful bedazzles from Doodlebug just to add a bit of Bling to the tag! 

I hope you enjoy it!  Now, I have more to come!  ;)  So next....

No comments:

Post a Comment